With generous support from Manchester City Council and Adactus Housing Association, work can now go ahead on ‘The Triangle,’ the currently abandoned area bordered by Driffield Street, Edith Avenue, Cranswick Street and Lloyd Street. The ambitious plans we have for the site include:
– tidying up the paved area and building planting boxes where local children can learn about how to grow flowers, fruit and vegetables;
– removing the asbestos roof on the shed and converting it into a useful community space, hopefully with electricity generated by solar panels on the new roof;
– clearing up the waste area and installing a decking area for seats, barbecues etc, and flowerbeds.
This is all going to take lots of work, and to make our funding stretch as far as possible we’ll be doing almost all of it ourselves. That’s where you come in! If you’re not already involved with Cranswick Square Residents Group and want to get stuck in to making your area a better place to live in, come and join us on one of the following work days:
– Saturday December 18th 2010
– Saturday January 8th 2011
– Saturday January 22nd 2011.
It may be cold, but there will be hot drinks and biscuits, and maybe hot food too…
Hope to see you there!