We want to improve the quality of life for people living here. We are involved in:
- cleaning up our streets
- taking ownership of our open spaces
- encouraging our neighbours and each other to get involved in our community
- promoting fun, safe activities to our young people
- exploring environmental sustainability in our part of the city
- and making our corner of Manchester a more attractive, friendly and peaceful place to live.
As well as organising community events, helping to clean up the streets and alleys on our patch and improving the appearance of our neighbourhood, members of the Residents’ group also attend meetings with housing associations, the City Council, Greater Manchester Police and regeneration bodies to represent the views and needs of local people.
Although Moss Side is an area which has had abad reputation over the years, we are proud of our corner of Manchester and especially of the way we’ve improved it since 2009. We welcome any local residents or organisation who want to help up with this task.